Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I enjoy games, especially on my birthday.

So my birthday is coming up. I know a few people are looking to celebrate by way of booze (21 baby, sup), food and bad singing, and I've done my best especially in the past few weeks of frustrating their plans because I had none of my own.

Originally, I had wanted to travel alone on my birthday. It's a stupid little superstition I've held onto for years that, for the purposes of being not annoying, is going be largely ignored for the remainder of this announcement. Up until this morning, I had no plans on what I actually wanted to do for my birthday. A lot of people seem to be excited about it. I am, too, but not as much. Uncertainty does that I suppose.

But the answer came to me this morning. I found a way to keep my share of the deal (some good ole' alone time) and a way to keep other people happy (not leaving the island), and in true me-fashion it's going to be in a form of a game.

I am not going to leave the island of Cebu. Instead, I am going to check-in in one of it's many wonderful hotels, and spend the day visiting places that mean something to me. It's a little promise I have with myself: By 12MN, April 22nd, Pao is going to drop a lot of bad habits. I suppose you could say that the term 'birthday' is really very fitting for this sort of thing.

Now why is it a game? I know (and I'm talking to you, Bea Sagun, the Ivo company and friends, haha) want to celebrate with me. I do too, but the best way you can is to see Cebu from my eyes. I have always loved this city. I have always enjoyed walking around it, and getting lost. In about a few hours, I will walk a specific path through Cebu. Maybe you can join me.

Of course there's a catch. What's a game without a little excitement? In a few hours I will put up a list of the places that I will be visiting, but they will be in no particular order. What's more, even the hotel I'll be staying in for the night will be a secret. I have told no one (and I mean no one). There's an incentive of course: If you find me, then dinner and drinks will be all on me.

Celebrate with me guys. Celebrate by embracing the few things I hold sacred. Adventure, creativity and the sense of just getting lost around my second home.

This should be fun :P

1 comment:

  1. again pao, why must you make bea suffer when all she wants is to celebrate your birthday with you? 0_o

    ReplyDelete