Monday, April 5, 2010

Of Which Pangs Encounters A Supervillain

For the last few days I've been stuck in the house, alone, and my depression sank in. I've been listless, uninspired, and generally sponge-like. It isn't as bad as before, where days would go by with me literally not moving - catatonia does exist. I know, I've tried it. Luckily, I've managed to get over it in favor of it's cousin: Abject laziness.

For the most part, depression is a state I understand very well. Many people have asked me to seek help through medication, but I've refused. I got here because of dependency. I don't want to form another one.

I miss people. Being alone in a house really brings out ideas of who you are. It tears down any lies you put up about yourself, simply because there is no one around to lie to. To keep lying in the solace of yourself is maddening.

It makes me wonder: How does a lone wolf feel? Alone, in search of a pack or driven away from it, hunting for it's survival. Does it's aggression grow because it realizes that it's true nature is that of a hunter, or does it put up that mask in order to survive?

Whatever. It's close to 12:30, and I'm done being melanchoholic (yeeep, play on words). I'm going out for a run, god damnit.

Oh, and suddenly: FLASH FICTION
--------


Two people were in love.

They were in love so much that they spent a lot of time together. Much to the chagrin of everyone around them. They spent entire days together...even nights. Eventually, people labeled them as an item. They didn't mind. They knew what was going on.

They could talk to each other about everything. When they talked, the whole world listened. Less than it understood.

They were meant for each other. They were built for each other.

But inside they held back. Neither wanted to burden the other. Neither wanted to ask more of the other. They knew that they wanted to be together but sometimes they gave each other space. They knew they wanted to take each others pain but they didn't want to impose themselves on one another. They held back not only to each other but from themselves.

Sometimes they wouldn't go together. Sometimes they'd let each other have their space. They hated someone deep down. Secretly, they hated each other. In their time apart, they began to to hate everything wrong about the other person. They'd never talk about it when they're together. No, they're too happy together. But they would curse each other under their breath and under their covers when their apart. They hated each other, but they loved each other as well.

Some things you just can't understand.

Pao.


PS:
http://www.pixelscapes.com/twoflower/albhed.html
Translator for the other post. If and when I have a child, she's going to be named Vidina.

1 comment:

  1. damn nice flash fiction. and btw, check this link out regarding lone wolves

    --> http://asurahayashi.blogspot.com/2008/12/all-hail-lone-wolf.html

    ReplyDelete