Friday, April 16, 2010

Of which Pangs realizes that he's unable to admit mistake.

Sometimes you're sitting around, clicking link after link on your browser, reading nothing in particular. It's one of those afternoons where you know you have to do something but you can't be arsed to do so. Most of the time, the things you read are nothing important. Nuggets. Bits and pieces of mostly useless trivia you could probably muscle in on a conversation later on.

But sometimes, you come across something that just leaps out of the page. And it's no joke. It just straight jumps out, unceremoniously inserting itself into your thoughts. Soon you're too engrossed into reading it because it makes so much sense to you. It's funny, you think to yourself, because what you're reading applies to something else, but reading it applies it to your own life. Into your own thoughts. To anyone else, it might just be another useless nugget of triviality. To you, the last thought in your mind is going to be, 'Work, what?'

It stays with you for the rest of the day. It could be the answer to something you were mulling over. It could be an explanation for something you've been baffled about. It could be both. What makes it special is that you never decided to go looking for it. It found you.

Taken from wizards.com

Green believes that things are born with all their potential already built in. People (and all other living things) are essentially slaves to their genes. Whatever nature intended for you to be is what you will be. Green doesn't see this as a bad thing. Rather Green embraces it. To Green, this is the center of great calmness. Everyone else struggles to find where they fit in the world. Green's attitude is that you don't have to find your role in the world - your role will find you.

Blue, on the other hand, sees everyone starting as a blank slate. Blue believes that anyone can become anything. The key to doing this is knowledge. With knowledge comes the answers about how to change. Anything can be adapted as long as the transformation is understood. Blue takes great comfort in the fact that anyone has the potential to become whatever they desire. If you truly desire something, blue believes nothing is unattainable.

Green and blue approach their problems from opposite ends of the spectrum. Green wants everything to be left alone. Green just wants nature to proceed unobstructed. Blue wants to meddle with everything. Blue wants to “fix” things and make them better.

The key to understanding what an enemy pair despises is looking at the two other enemies of the two colors and see what those two have in common. Green's other enemy is Black. Blue's other enemy is Red. What do Black and Red have in common? Self Interest. Red and Black do what they want to advance their own personal goals. While Blue/Green is very reckless in its methods, its motives are very unselfish. Green/Blue believes it is advancing the greater cause. Green/Blue never focuses on itself.

This is one of the great ironies of Green/Blue. It is mindless in its quest and willing to do whatever it takes to advance it, yet has great disdain for self promotion.

Yeah, I think I'm going to call it a day.

Pao.

PS:
I've been thinking lately. Too much maybe. And I won't. It's time to just stop thinking, trying to save the world. I need a little bit of saving, and before I can ask for help, I have to give myself a break first. I realized I was wrong, and I'm sorry. Truly. There was going to be a piece of flash fiction here, but I'm going to make good on what I just said and take a rest for the day.

PPS:
The title. I really am working on it. The best way I can think of to fix it is by not writing about it. All this time I've been justifying whatever it is I do, and because of it I became unable to recognize my own fault. None of that anymore. Instead of talking about it, I'll just do it. Seems like the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment